Dr. Almerima Jamaković-Kapić
University of Bern | IAM | CDS
Almerima holds a MSc and a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands. During her PhD, from 2004 to 2008, she performed research in the field of complex networks (at the Network Architecture and Services - NAS research group), focusing on the quantitative characterization and its relevance for the robustness analysis of large-scale real-world structures. After obtaining her PhD in 2008 Almerima joined the TNO, the Netherlands institute for applied research. As a research scientist at the department of Performance of Networks and Systems she worked on the topic of quantitative analysis and modeling of network performance and optimization. Since January 2012 she is at the Communication and Distributed Systems – CDS research group of the Institute of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (IAM), University of Bern (UniBE), Switzerland. Besides her main task of leading research in the two projects, one in wireless mesh networking and other in mobile cloud computing, her areas of interest include complex networks modeling and characterization, network topology analysis, (online) social networks and P2P systems.
Conference and Journal Publications:
· A. Jamakovic, D.C. Dimitrova, M. Anwander, T. Macicas, T. Braun and B. Nyffenegger, 2013, Real-World Energy Measurements of a Wireless Mesh Network, under review in the Energy Efficiency in Large Scale Distributed Systems conference.
· Y. Koç, A. Jamakovic and B. Gijsen, 2012, A global reference model of the Domain Name System, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection (IJCIP).
· M. Anwander, T. Braun, A. Jamakovic and T. Staub, 2012, Authentication and Authorisation Mechanisms in support of Secure Access to WMN Resources, Proceedings of the 4th International IEEE HOTMESH 2012 Workshop, San Francisco, CA, USA.
· Y. Koç, A. Jamakovic and B. Gijsen, 2011, A Global Reference Model of DNS, Proceedings of the DNS EASY 2011 Workshop, Rome, Italy.
· W. Ellens, F.M. Spieksmaa, P. Van Mieghem, A. Jamakovic and R. E. Kooij, 2011, Effective Graph Resistance, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Special issue in honor of Dragos Cvetkovic.
· A. Jamakovic, P. Mahadevan, A. Vahdat, M. Boguna and D. Krioukov, 2010, How small are building blocks of complex networks, arXiv, Physics.
· H. Haddadi, D. Fay, A. Jamakovic, O. Maennel, A. W. Moore, R. Mortier and S. Uhlig, 2009, On the importance of local connectivity for Internet topology models, Proceedings of the 21st International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 21), Paris, France.
· D. Fay, H. Haddadi, A. G. Thomason, A. W. Moore, R. Mortier, A. Jamakovic, S. Uhlig and M. Rio, 2009, Weighted spectral distribution for Internet topology analysis: Theory and applications, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN) Journal.
· D. Fay, H. Haddadi, A. W. Moore, R. Mortier, S. Uhlig and A. Jamakovic, 2009, A weighted spectrum metric for comparison of Internet topologies, ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review Journal.
· R. E. Kooij, A. Jamakovic, F. van Kesteren, T. C. M. de Koning, I. Theisler and P. Veldhoven, 2009, The Dutch soccer team as a social network, Connections Journal.
· S. Uhlig and B. Fu and A. Jamakovic, 2009, Capturing Internet traffic dynamics through graph distances, Proceedings of the Complex 2009 Conference, Shanghai, China.
· H. Haddadi, D. Fay, S. Uhlig, A. W. Moore, R. Mortier, A. Jamakovic and M. Rio, 2008, Tuning topology generators using spectral distribution, Proceedings of the SPEC International Performance Evaluation Workshop, Darmstadt, Germany.
· A. Jamakovic and S. Uhlig, 2008, On the relationships between topological measures in real-world networks, Networks and Heterogeneous Media Journal.
· R. E. Kooij, A. Jamakovic, F. van Kesteren, T. C. M. de Koning, I. Theisler and P. Veldhoven, 2008, Het Nederlands elftal als complex netwerk, Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde Journal.
· A. Jamakovic and P. Van Mieghem, 2008, On the robustness of complex networks by using the algebraic connectivity, Proceedings of the IFIP/TC6 Networking Conference, Singapore.
· A. Jamakovic and S. Uhlig, 2007, Influence of network structure on robustness, Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Networks, Adelaide, Australia.
· A. Jamakovic, S. Uhlig and I. Theisler, 2007, On the relationships between topological metrics in real-world networks, Proceedings of the European Conference on Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany.
· A. Jamakovic and S. Uhlig, 2007, On the relationship between the algebraic connectivity and graph’s robustness to node and link failures, Proceedings of the 3rd EURO-NGI Conference on Next Generation Internet Network, Trondheim, Norway.
· A. Jamakovic, R. E. Kooij, P. Van Mieghem and E. R. van Dam, 2006, Robustness of networks against viruses: the role of the spectral radius, Proceedings of the 13th Annual Symposium of the IEEE/CVT Benelux, Liége, Belgium.
· A. Jamakovic, H. Wang and P. Van Mieghem, 2006, Topological characteristics of the Dutch road infrastructure, Seminar Infrastructure Reliability, Delft, the Netherlands.
· A. Jamakovic and P. Van Mieghem, 2006, The Laplacian spectrum of complex networks, Proceedings of the European Conference on Complex Systems, Oxford, UK.
TU Delft Reports:
· A. Jamakovic and P. Van Mieghem, 2007, On the robustness of complex networks by using the algebraic connectivity, Delft University of Technology.
Last modified: 01-03-2013